Ronald P. Fischetti
Ronald P. Fischetti
Ronald P. Fischetti is an esteemed practitioner, instructor, and leader in the field of criminal defense. Highly regarded in the bar, his decades of experience have earned him the respect of colleagues, judges, and clients. A former member of the adjunct faculty of Fordham University School of Law for over 35 years, he is a recipient of the Bene Merenti Medal for distinguished service to the School of Law. Professor Fischetti is a nationally renowned Trial Advocacy Instructor who has accepted invitations to lecture at the nation’s premier centers of legal scholarship (including invitations to lecture at Harvard, Yale, and NYU). In addition to his classroom acumen, Professor Fischetti enjoys a well-deserved reputation as a mentor. Under his tutelage, many former students have gone on to successful careers in both the private and public sector, distinguishing themselves as either prosecutors or criminal defense practitioners.
Mr. Fischetti’s belief in Charles “Chuck” Schwarz, a New York City police officer charged with the assault of Haitian immigrant Abner Louima, inspired a complex pro bono representation, which spanned several years. Mr. Fischetti is credited with the reversal of Chuck’s prior conviction, and litigation that spanned three trials, ultimately resulting in the government’s dismissal of all the civil rights violations.
From Judges, Congressmen, and Councilmen, to attorneys and police officers, to celebrities, Mr. Fischetti’s client list is an extensive pantheon of names. His zealous advocacy and skillful prowess make him a top choice for clients seeking a criminal defense attorney to help them in their most desperate times of need. As such, he has been called upon to represent cases all across the country, including the representation of a state senator in a high profile case in South Carolina, major fraud cases in Chicago and Kansas, and countless white collar cases here in New York City. Mr. Fischetti is a frequent spokesperson for various national media outlets on cases here in the metropolitan area. Notably, Mr. Fischetti covered United States v. Martha Stewart for MSNBC and CNBC as their legal analyst, the OJ Simpson trial, and he has provided legal commentary regarding RICO corruption and the FIFA indictments in the Eastern District of NY.
Call for a Consultation
- J.D. – St. John’s University School of Law
- B.A. – St. John’s University
- New York State
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York;
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third, Fourth and Eleventh Circuits; and
- United States Supreme Court
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Co-Chair, Selection Committee of the Criminal Justice Act Panel, United States District Court for the Eastern Districts of New York
- Visiting Professor of Trial Advocacy, Harvard Law School; Yale Law School; and New York University School of Law
- President, New York Council of Defense Lawyers (1988-1990)
- Master, Federal Bar Council Inn of Court
- Member, The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Recipient, Fordham University Bene Merenti Medal (20 Years of Distinguished Faculty Service) (2000)
- Demonstrated Excellence in Criminal Defense (1998)
- Recipient, Fordham School of Law Eugene J. Keefe Memorial Award (Most Important Contribution to the Fordham School of Law) (1997)
- Recipient, New York Council of Defense Lawyers Norman S. Ostrow Award